Happy Happy Happy
It's been awhile since I've posted anything and it's because we've been so busy since Tony got home! Lots has happened since my last post; a baby shower for a new friend, Tony's arrival home, a trip to St. Augustine with friends from back home, I turned 24, and today we made a trip to some nearby springs!
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to throw a good party. So it was no surprise that I would volunteer to throw a baby shower for Miss Mallori and her baby girl. It turned out so great and we all had a great time. Here are some pics from it:
Now we are just waiting on baby girl to make her grand entrance into the world. Hopefully it'll be soon, I know momma is getting tired!
I was SO happy to get Tony back from his TDY. Being away from each other always makes us appreciate each other a little bit more when he returns. :) We wasted no time getting back into our routine though, and soon enough the world seemed normal again.
The next weekend was Labor Day weekend and we met our friends the Splains and the Singletons in St. Augustine for a much needed, amazing weekend. The first night we were there we went on a walking pub ghost tour. We went to four different pubs and listened to spooky stories while drinking delicious drinks. Some of the stories were a little unbelievable and the "ghost hunting equipment" was a little cheesy, but she said to keep an eye out for "orbs" in our pictures when we looked at them the next morning to see if we captured any "energies". Sure enough, the next day as I was going back through the pictures and I found a bunch of different little circular light spots! Now, if you're a skeptic I'm sure you'll say, "oh it's dust, or the humidity or whatever" but I'll tell you right now, I've used the same camera at night almost everywhere I've been and have NEVER gotten those little balls of light in any of my pictures. It was a clear evening so no moisture, I made sure to clean my camera lens BEFORE I started taking pictures, AND I was outside the whole night where there was NO dust. Believe what you may, but I totally think there was something (or someone) hanging out with us that evening. Tony may tell you different, but even after all my reasons for believing, he came around a LITTLE bit to the idea. ;) Here's what we saw:
The next day in St. Augustine the girls spent the day shopping at the two outlet malls and the boys went zip-lining over a gator habitat. Fitting right? Then we got all dressed up for a night on the town and a delicious dinner at a piano bar call Rhett's. The boys were SO handsome in their suits and the ladies of course looked amazing as well. Rhett's was a great little place with delicious food and drinks and Tony will tell you his favorite part was the menu. When you opened the menu, it was back lit so you could read it in the dark restaurant! Genius. My favorite part was something a little more girly. On the way to the restroom I noticed a picture of Marilyn Monroe with a signature under it. Many places have similar pictures with autographs, but it just seemed a little out of place with the theme of the restaurant so I asked the waiter about it. It was an authentic signature from Marilyn Monroe and was from the owner's personal collection. Apparently he was a fan too. I took a picture of it, however, due to a mishap with my phone later that weekend, I lost it. :( It was still pretty awesome to see.
In the picture of Tony and I you can really see the "energies" surrounding us!
The last day of the weekend was a sad one for me. I missed our friends so much and had so so much fun I just didn't want to leave. Goodbyes are never easy, but I know after the weekend that we had, we'll all agree to do another trip like this soon. <3
After our goodbyes Tony and I made a pit stop at the beach so I could say I've put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. We've now been in the Pacific, the Gulf, and the Atlantic!
By the way, the Gulf is still the prettiest, warmest and has the best beaches of the three!
The next week was my 24th birthday. I thought about blogging "24 things that I've learned thus far" but seeing as this blog is already going to be long enough, I'll save it. I got a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers at work, (I love getting flowers at work, the girls get SO jealous. ;) )Tony made me a chocolate cake, (that burnt and had a hole in it!) then bought me another chocolate cake to replace the first. It was pretty darn cute seeing my macho husband getting all domestic for me. ;) I also received a "Tiffany's" gift certificate; handmade by mr. macho himself, for me to use on our upcoming trip to NYC. Yess!! We had dinner and spent the rest of the evening playing mini golf where he conveniently let me win. ;) My birthday was a little emotional for me this year because it was the first I'd spent without my family, but Tony made it so great, I tried not to think too hard on it.
Today we ventured to Econfina Springs with our favorite Canadians where we canoed/kayaked down what seem to be the LONGEST river ever, swam in the ice cold, crystal clear water, and ate pancakes and syrup on the shore. (yes I said pancakes! Apparently that's not weird for Canadians. haha!)
After a wonderful day in the sun we are now happily tired and are ready for a lovely evening at home.
I realize this was a lot to cram into one post, but so many good things have happened, I had to share. I feel very lucky to have the husband and the friends that I do. <3
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to throw a good party. So it was no surprise that I would volunteer to throw a baby shower for Miss Mallori and her baby girl. It turned out so great and we all had a great time. Here are some pics from it:
Now we are just waiting on baby girl to make her grand entrance into the world. Hopefully it'll be soon, I know momma is getting tired!
I was SO happy to get Tony back from his TDY. Being away from each other always makes us appreciate each other a little bit more when he returns. :) We wasted no time getting back into our routine though, and soon enough the world seemed normal again.
The next weekend was Labor Day weekend and we met our friends the Splains and the Singletons in St. Augustine for a much needed, amazing weekend. The first night we were there we went on a walking pub ghost tour. We went to four different pubs and listened to spooky stories while drinking delicious drinks. Some of the stories were a little unbelievable and the "ghost hunting equipment" was a little cheesy, but she said to keep an eye out for "orbs" in our pictures when we looked at them the next morning to see if we captured any "energies". Sure enough, the next day as I was going back through the pictures and I found a bunch of different little circular light spots! Now, if you're a skeptic I'm sure you'll say, "oh it's dust, or the humidity or whatever" but I'll tell you right now, I've used the same camera at night almost everywhere I've been and have NEVER gotten those little balls of light in any of my pictures. It was a clear evening so no moisture, I made sure to clean my camera lens BEFORE I started taking pictures, AND I was outside the whole night where there was NO dust. Believe what you may, but I totally think there was something (or someone) hanging out with us that evening. Tony may tell you different, but even after all my reasons for believing, he came around a LITTLE bit to the idea. ;) Here's what we saw:
The next day in St. Augustine the girls spent the day shopping at the two outlet malls and the boys went zip-lining over a gator habitat. Fitting right? Then we got all dressed up for a night on the town and a delicious dinner at a piano bar call Rhett's. The boys were SO handsome in their suits and the ladies of course looked amazing as well. Rhett's was a great little place with delicious food and drinks and Tony will tell you his favorite part was the menu. When you opened the menu, it was back lit so you could read it in the dark restaurant! Genius. My favorite part was something a little more girly. On the way to the restroom I noticed a picture of Marilyn Monroe with a signature under it. Many places have similar pictures with autographs, but it just seemed a little out of place with the theme of the restaurant so I asked the waiter about it. It was an authentic signature from Marilyn Monroe and was from the owner's personal collection. Apparently he was a fan too. I took a picture of it, however, due to a mishap with my phone later that weekend, I lost it. :( It was still pretty awesome to see.
In the picture of Tony and I you can really see the "energies" surrounding us!
The last day of the weekend was a sad one for me. I missed our friends so much and had so so much fun I just didn't want to leave. Goodbyes are never easy, but I know after the weekend that we had, we'll all agree to do another trip like this soon. <3
After our goodbyes Tony and I made a pit stop at the beach so I could say I've put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. We've now been in the Pacific, the Gulf, and the Atlantic!
By the way, the Gulf is still the prettiest, warmest and has the best beaches of the three!
The next week was my 24th birthday. I thought about blogging "24 things that I've learned thus far" but seeing as this blog is already going to be long enough, I'll save it. I got a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers at work, (I love getting flowers at work, the girls get SO jealous. ;) )Tony made me a chocolate cake, (that burnt and had a hole in it!) then bought me another chocolate cake to replace the first. It was pretty darn cute seeing my macho husband getting all domestic for me. ;) I also received a "Tiffany's" gift certificate; handmade by mr. macho himself, for me to use on our upcoming trip to NYC. Yess!! We had dinner and spent the rest of the evening playing mini golf where he conveniently let me win. ;) My birthday was a little emotional for me this year because it was the first I'd spent without my family, but Tony made it so great, I tried not to think too hard on it.
Today we ventured to Econfina Springs with our favorite Canadians where we canoed/kayaked down what seem to be the LONGEST river ever, swam in the ice cold, crystal clear water, and ate pancakes and syrup on the shore. (yes I said pancakes! Apparently that's not weird for Canadians. haha!)
After a wonderful day in the sun we are now happily tired and are ready for a lovely evening at home.
I realize this was a lot to cram into one post, but so many good things have happened, I had to share. I feel very lucky to have the husband and the friends that I do. <3
Quote of the day:
"Happy girls are the prettiest"
-Audrey Hepburn

Comments
Post a Comment