Since my last post, there hasn't been much to update, which I believe to be good news, going along with the saying, "no news is good news".  But I thought I'd post today as I'm nearing the end of my first trimester.  The last 11 weeks have been a daily ritual of intermittent nausea, headaches, heartburn, EMOTIONS, and now I'm starting to experience backaches and trouble sleeping.  Hearing about all that unpleasant stuff makes one think, why would I ever want to become pregnant?  But to be honest, even though I've had what sounds like a pretty typical pregnancy so far, I'm enjoying it.  (Although I hear there are some ladies who don't experience any unpleasantness, to that I say..good for you and I hate you. ;) jk.. sort of)  Even though I feel sick most days and I am so tired I sometimes contemplate taking a nap at my desk at work, I am happy to know that the sickness is a sign that baby is growing and taking from me what he/she needs to become my little one.  So all in all, it's a great experience.  I especially love when I go to the doctor, like I did last Thursday, and have my sonograms.  Baby quadrupled in size from the first sonogram and it was amazing to see little arms and legs kicking all over.  I laughed when I saw how active baby was because I just couldn't believe that he/she was having a dance party without my knowledge.  haha!  It's crazy that so much movement was happening and I couldn't even feel it.  The heartbeat was 171 this visit, which we were told that it was very strong and normal for how far along I was.  We both teared up when we heard it for the second time and we couldn't believe how loud it was! Practically "beating down the machine" as our tech said.  I'm not sure what happens at other clinics for OB, but mine is wonderful.  The room where I get my sonogram is cute and girly and always smells of something floral and the tech is one of the nicest people I've met in the medical field.  The doctors are caring and open for questions, no matter how small or silly they seem and I just feel good while I'm there.  They always keep Tony included and give him the option to participate or not (which he usually doesn't participate in the exams).   However, if you have been pregnant before I'm sure you know what I mean when I say, it's a good thing I have to pee all the time because they make me pee in a cup a lot.  Haha! Sorry if that's too much information, but I think it's sort of funny.  



I think it's only fair to give Tony a shout out in all my posts because let's face it, I may be doing all the baby hosting work, but he has to deal with my emotional, crazy preggo butt.  haha! Although I've never considered myself an emotionless woman, I've always felt like I'm pretty level headed.  I've been able to keep my emotions in check (for the most part) and think reasonably, which is part of the reason Tony and I get along so well.  But since I became pregnant, sometimes I get upset about the SILLIEST things and don't even realize it.  For example, yesterday I called Tony from the store and asked his opinion on which Disney movie to get. (Peter Pan or Robin Hood) His response was, "I don't care, I don't like either".  I guess that was too much for me because I hung up hastily on him, chose Peter Pan, and drove home in a huff.  I marched right past him without saying hello or making eye contact and went to the bedroom to pout.  After a bit, he came in to check on me and he discovered that I was mad at him.  After a ridiculous explanation of why I was upset, he laughed at me and said that he thinks this might be the crazy preggo talking.  I realized that he was probably right.  With a hurt pride and being slightly embarrassed, I said he's probably right and cried.  Oh jeez....haha!  Thankfully, Tony is understanding and doesn't hold it against me.  :) Among dealing with emotional roller coasters, Tony has continued to clean and get ready to bring a tiny human into our household.  He sold his truck last week and downsized to a family car, and is now trying to sell his motorcycle as well.  I like to give Tony a hard time about his "toys" but he really does take care of what needs to be done in a responsible way.  So here's to my fabulous husband for taking on extra work and dealing with a crazy preggo wife!! Good job babe.

Like I said before, I don't have much to report other than my sickness or my awesome husband, but I'd like to finish this post by thanking all my friends and family for their support.  Especially Miss Kendall Singleton, because I text her on a day to day basis about probably the most ridiculous crap.  She always responds and doesn't ever get annoyed so thank you my dear.  Also, to Jess for ALWAYS having something positive to say and being the most excited about baby than anyone else, every time I talk to you I just want to cry tears of joy. Love you Jess.  

Only a couple more weeks until my next trimester and my belly is growing steadily.  Stay tuned for more belly pics and updates.  


Quote for the day:
"Everything you go through, grows you" 
(literally, the longer I'm sick and icky, the bigger my tummy gets! lol)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer