Project Nursery-Complete!
The time has come to show off little Tucker's nursery! After months of waiting to get started on decorating the nursery, then finding everything for a decent price and went well together, I can honestly say I'm very happy with the result. Of course things will change a bit as it gets closer and I have to adjust for places to put things like clothes, diapers, toys, etc, but this is it.
I made the crib bedding with the help of Pinterest tutorials and my amazing seamstress mom. If you can't see the bumper print, they're little blue elephants. The theme that I decided to go with is obvious, grey, blue, chevron, and elephants. I'm not sure how exactly the elephant thing came about, but they're just so adorable. Of course, chevron is also very popular right now so I had to do that as well. ;) What prompted me to make my own bedding and create of nursery that was unique to us, was the fact that A: I love doing crafty things like this, B: it was cheaper than buying ready made things in the store, and C: I really just didn't like anything I saw in stores! Everything seemed so busy and gaudy or too cutesy for me. I really wanted a very simply, calm nursery, with adorable accents. Now if you ask Tony, he'll say that the crib is "busy and cutesy", which it kind of is after all is said and done, but the rest of the nursery is more simple so I'm ok with it. The letters for his name came from my very talented best friend and soon to be Auntie; Jess! I just love how they came out. :)
Since we only have two bedrooms at this house, we were limited to options for a guest room and a nursery, so I combined them. I imagine having a bed in the nursery will come in handy on long sleepless nights. I've rearranged the night stand behind the rocking chair and of course the letters are up now, but this is a good look at the bed and arrangement. I found the bedding at Ross and Walmart and really like the simple dark and light blue. I added a couple accent pillows to match. This room is quite large so it was hard to come up with wall decor that would take up enough space without looking cluttered. So I found this wall decal on Ebay and Tony and I painstakingly put it up. (the transfer paper was super cheap so we ripped the letters a few times...luckily you can't even tell!) The bed originally was a light wood color, but while I was in Boise visiting my family, Tony took an afternoon and painted it white to match the rest of the furniture. :)
I made the curtains from extra fabric that I had from the crib skirt. When my mom and I bought the material, we were sure we'd use more for the skirt, but we overestimated by a lot! haha! But it worked out perfectly because I was able to make curtains that matched perfectly. If you can't see very well, there is a blue panel at the bottom of each curtain panel, which makes it match the skirt perfectly. I think my favorite part about the nursery is the little rocking chair corner. It feels very comfy and I decided that I'd put a shelve with books to read to him while I hold him. Also, I just LOVE the framed quote that I made as well. Plus, I'm quite proud with the makeover I gave the $50 chair that I found on Craigslist! I can definitely see myself and Tony spending many days/nights there in that corner. :)
I'm sure you can't read the quote here. It says, "No one will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." I seriously tear up every time I read it. :')
From hideous...to adorable!
This may seem like a very small insignificant part of the nursery, but I literally spent all morning one Saturday making this tiny Tucker pillow. haha! Between sewing, cutting out letters on my cricut, ironing them on, and sewing more accents, it took forever. But it's adorable.
I've experimented with the arrangement on the changing table, and of course I won't be keeping the lovely diaper cake from my first shower on top either. Here is what I have so far. I still need a changing pad and cover to fill the spot where the cake is. My neighbor graciously gave me the chalkboard boxes which I absolutely love!
Please forgive the lighting situation, I have a great camera, however, I'm not the best photographer so some of the colors are a little blown out. But you get the jist. ;) That just about concludes my nursery preview! I think I spent altogether around....$600 dollars give or take including furniture, decor, and bedding. If anyone else is planning a nursery right now, you know how expensive things are. I chose to make a lot of things, and found good deals on Amazon, Ebay, and in stores. Like I said before, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think it's very unique and a perfect place for our little Tucker to come home to. Only about two and a half more months until we start the countdown for his arrival!
Just for fun: the girls are super excited about his room too...
And Daddy doesn't mind it either...
I made the crib bedding with the help of Pinterest tutorials and my amazing seamstress mom. If you can't see the bumper print, they're little blue elephants. The theme that I decided to go with is obvious, grey, blue, chevron, and elephants. I'm not sure how exactly the elephant thing came about, but they're just so adorable. Of course, chevron is also very popular right now so I had to do that as well. ;) What prompted me to make my own bedding and create of nursery that was unique to us, was the fact that A: I love doing crafty things like this, B: it was cheaper than buying ready made things in the store, and C: I really just didn't like anything I saw in stores! Everything seemed so busy and gaudy or too cutesy for me. I really wanted a very simply, calm nursery, with adorable accents. Now if you ask Tony, he'll say that the crib is "busy and cutesy", which it kind of is after all is said and done, but the rest of the nursery is more simple so I'm ok with it. The letters for his name came from my very talented best friend and soon to be Auntie; Jess! I just love how they came out. :)
Since we only have two bedrooms at this house, we were limited to options for a guest room and a nursery, so I combined them. I imagine having a bed in the nursery will come in handy on long sleepless nights. I've rearranged the night stand behind the rocking chair and of course the letters are up now, but this is a good look at the bed and arrangement. I found the bedding at Ross and Walmart and really like the simple dark and light blue. I added a couple accent pillows to match. This room is quite large so it was hard to come up with wall decor that would take up enough space without looking cluttered. So I found this wall decal on Ebay and Tony and I painstakingly put it up. (the transfer paper was super cheap so we ripped the letters a few times...luckily you can't even tell!) The bed originally was a light wood color, but while I was in Boise visiting my family, Tony took an afternoon and painted it white to match the rest of the furniture. :)
I made the curtains from extra fabric that I had from the crib skirt. When my mom and I bought the material, we were sure we'd use more for the skirt, but we overestimated by a lot! haha! But it worked out perfectly because I was able to make curtains that matched perfectly. If you can't see very well, there is a blue panel at the bottom of each curtain panel, which makes it match the skirt perfectly. I think my favorite part about the nursery is the little rocking chair corner. It feels very comfy and I decided that I'd put a shelve with books to read to him while I hold him. Also, I just LOVE the framed quote that I made as well. Plus, I'm quite proud with the makeover I gave the $50 chair that I found on Craigslist! I can definitely see myself and Tony spending many days/nights there in that corner. :)
I'm sure you can't read the quote here. It says, "No one will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." I seriously tear up every time I read it. :')
From hideous...to adorable!
This may seem like a very small insignificant part of the nursery, but I literally spent all morning one Saturday making this tiny Tucker pillow. haha! Between sewing, cutting out letters on my cricut, ironing them on, and sewing more accents, it took forever. But it's adorable.
I've experimented with the arrangement on the changing table, and of course I won't be keeping the lovely diaper cake from my first shower on top either. Here is what I have so far. I still need a changing pad and cover to fill the spot where the cake is. My neighbor graciously gave me the chalkboard boxes which I absolutely love!
Please forgive the lighting situation, I have a great camera, however, I'm not the best photographer so some of the colors are a little blown out. But you get the jist. ;) That just about concludes my nursery preview! I think I spent altogether around....$600 dollars give or take including furniture, decor, and bedding. If anyone else is planning a nursery right now, you know how expensive things are. I chose to make a lot of things, and found good deals on Amazon, Ebay, and in stores. Like I said before, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think it's very unique and a perfect place for our little Tucker to come home to. Only about two and a half more months until we start the countdown for his arrival!
Just for fun: the girls are super excited about his room too...
And Daddy doesn't mind it either...








Comments
Post a Comment