This, Is Me.

I'm the kind of girl that wakes up thinking about why things are the way they are.  I wonder how people can think certain ways and act others.  I'm the kind of person that tries to see the other perspective in all situations.  I believe in the golden rule, to treat others the way you'd like to be treated, and I have high expectations for it.  I'm constantly disappointed and cannot fathom why others don't stick to the same rule.  I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are many out there who have different values or haven't been raised to think the same way, but I tend to choose to have the people in my life that I believe that would do the same for me as I would do for them.  This Is Me.

I'm hard headed, say what I think and mean what I say, impatient, passionate, and logical.  Some say, I have a "Strong Personality" that's not always easy to understand or accept.  I'm the girl that thinks about the fact that it could be the last time I see someone every time I leave them, and a piece of my heart breaks when I do. I say "I love you" as much as I can and mean it, because I never know if it's the last time I can say it.  I value time and understand life is short, so I hate when my time is wasted and when others are reckless with life.  Empathy is a complicated emotion for me.  On one hand, I'm constantly trying to see the other perspective, but on the other, if I don't understand it I can't do it.  If something doesn't make sense to me, I want to know why.

I respect others' opinions, but I get annoyed when they're shared too freely with me.  I share my opinion when it's asked for, but get extremely irritated if when I do give it, it's thrown away or mocked.  If you don't want my opinion why did you ask for it?

If there is a problem I like for it to be fixed as soon as possible.  No matter what it is, a leaky faucet, an issue at work, a conflict with another person, I don't see the point in dragging it out.  If you're prohibiting me to get it resolved, I tend to get very abrasive.  I don't like to waste time, so I will always try not to waste yours.  If you waste my time, I'm also quite abrasive.  I'm polite, but direct.  If it needs to be said, I'll say it. If it's not necessary, I won't. This Is Me.

I have a sensitive soul.  Scary, twisted, sinful movies or books will taint my brain and I cannot get them out.  I dwell on things I don't understand and try to work them out in my head.  Don't take me to a movie that has abuse or rape in it. I can't handle it.  Don't give me a book that talks about the same, I can't read it.  I don't find such subjects entertaining and want no part of them.  Again, I'm not ignorant that such things happen in the world, but I don't like being reminded.  I don't watch the news, not because I don't enjoy being informed, but because there are many world struggles and terrible things that get reported on a daily basis that I cannot do anything about.  I'm a fixer.  I see a problem, I want it fixed.  I can't do that with everything, so I won't torture myself by knowing all the world issues and spend my time worrying about things I can't do anything about.

Family is very important to me.  I grew up with a tight knit immediate family, but a distant extended family.  I always got jealous, and still do, of the families that the Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins got together on a weekly or monthly basis.  That they would travel a few hours or across the country for life events happening within the family.  Summers and vacations spent and taken together, phone calls not just on holidays or birthdays but just to see how everything is going.  I want a family like that.  I want my son to have people to count on if I'm not here for whatever reason.  I believe that's the very essence of family.  Not everyone gets to have a family, so I don't understand when members of my family don't find all those things important as well.  You only get one family, I think it's important to cherish them and not let work or life get in the way of that.

I don't tend to get offended by people I don't care about, but when someone I do care about hurts me, I take it to heart.  I am constantly trying to be a great wife, daughter, sister, friend, and soon to be mother.  I will always make the effort to remember birthdays or life events, and feel terrible when I miss them.  Again I have high expectations that those same people I hold so dear in my life will do the same for me, and am sorely disappointed when they don't.  I know who I am and accept my flaws the way they are.  This Is Me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer