Merry Mail-Saturday Project

Every now and then I have someone tell me, "you should start a lifestyle blog".  Of course, I actually do have a blog set up, but it's used mostly for posts where I have just too many thought in my head and just need a way to get them out.  Sometimes people find that enjoyable to read, and sometimes I'm sure they go unnoticed.  Anyway, today I thought I'd post a DIY project I whipped up yesterday for the Christmas cards we get every year.


I got the idea from a Pin I saw one day on Pinterest that said "Merry Mail" and had ribbons and clothespins that were used to pin the cards onto.  The original idea had a painted wooden plaque with the ribbons hanging from it.  I didn't have wood or paint to use for mine, so I took some of the items I already had and made my own version. 


I used a cardboard box that was laying around and to form a thick back board for the plaque.  Then I took some red card stock and Christmas paper to decorate the plaque.  I used my Cricut Expression 2 to cut out the "merry mail" letters as  well as the little present and gingerbread men shapes.  After the designing piece was finished, I used permanent glue tape to attach the card  stock to the cardboard.  Then I used my handy got glue gun to attach the ribbon used to hang it.  I also used the glue gun to attach the ribbon pieces to the bottom and back of the cardboard plaque.  The ribbons I used were about 2.5 feet each.  I used leftover wired ribbon that I bought at the dollar store at one point.  Clothespins were also bought at the dollar store from a different project I had done.  I used the same ribbon to create a little bow to put at the top to create a little flair.  I had to watch a quick video on how to create a perfect bow, which you can check out here:

 Ribbon Video




After that, you're all done!  The whole project took me maybe an hour, but would probably take someone else with all the materials up front and no toddler jerking them away every other minute or so, about 20 minutes.  I hung it in my dining room (this lasted about a day before my little man ripped it down, but luckily, it's easy to fix).

Cant wait for more Christmas cards to come in the mail so I can display them!

Hope you enjoyed this simple project!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer