And the verdict is...
It's 7am on a Saturday morning and I'm still wondering why I am awake, but I guess since I'm up I'll write my blog. Yesterday (Thursday May 30th 2014) we found out the sex of our little creation and IT'S A BOY!!! I can honestly say that I was surprised, and even now I'm still a little surprised. In the beginning of my pregnancy I felt like I was having a boy, and all those wives tales about how you carry and what you crave and how you feel with a boy seemed to be matching up. So I was like hey, I'm sure it's a boy. Which is PERFECT because I wanted a boy first anyway. But somewhere in my pregnancy, I started to feel an intense feeling that we were having a little girl and I wasn't the only one. When I asked everyone what they thought we were having the response was more often than not a girl. Even Tony was convinced near the end that it was a girl. The night before the ultrasound appointment Tony and I BOTH had clear dreams that it was a boy, and when we woke up, we both had the feeling that we might have been wrong about the girl. It's funny, I always have dreams and a lot of them have large truths in them, but Tony hardly remembers his dreams so when he told me he dreamt the same thing, I was surprised. As soon as the ultrasound tech pulled up the baby on the screen and said, "I know what you're having! Do you want to know?" I said, "oh it's a boy isn't it?!" Excited as I could be, and I knew Tony was mentally fist pumping the air right about then.
Now that we know what our baby is, it truly feels that much more real. As if the constant kicks and punches weren't "real" enough for me. haha! We now have a name other than "Baby" to call him and now Tony finally feels comfortable talking to him. For those of you who don't know and who read my blogs, you're in for a treat because I'm going to tell you the name we've chosen. Ready?? Tucker Anthony. :) (I know some of you skipped ahead didn't you? It's ok, I would have too. hehehe) Only those who are close to us know the name so feel special you're in on it too. I'm not sure why we decided to keep it on the DL, there's no rhythm or reason to it, but it's kinda fun keeping SOME things to ourselves. (even though I just told all of you..haha!) I've loved the name Tucker since I was in high school. No one in particular comes to mind when I think of it except a boy a grade or two higher than me who had dark curly hair and had a sweet smile. That's all I knew about that boy and I remember thinking, "Tucker is a nice name for a boy, I think I'll name my son Tucker". It's nice that Tony liked it too so we didn't have a squabble over it. haha! Anthony, obviously, is for my husband, but also for his Papa Tony Rose. If we would have had a girl, Rose would have been a middle name, but I'm not squealing on the first name in case I have a girl later on. ;) The Roses, Papa Tony, Gramma Marjean, and everyone else who bears the lovely last name, have truly had a wonderful influence in Tony's life and were SO welcoming to me when we got married. I immediately felt a part of the family and have not felt anything different since that first meeting with each and every one of them. Not that other members of his family or my family haven't had as much impact on our lives, but when we were thinking of names for our baby it just seemed right to have a part of the Rose name carry on. Even if it's not the actual name, Anthony is tribute to that in our minds. Papa Tony is looking down in heaven right now probably cracking a joke about us using his name I'm sure, he was such a funny ol guy, but I'm sure he'd be thrilled. I had only one opportunity to meet him before he passed away, but a little piece of him will always be remembered in our hearts. <3
In other news, I am THRILLED that I am having a boy, but the sudden realization hit me last night that I know NOTHING about little boys. I've always only been around little girls! So a sudden little blip of panic hit before I realized, hey! I have a husband to help me out! Thank God. haha! I may not know much about boys, but I do know one thing for certain, little boys LOVE their mommas. I have yet to find a man who doesn't speak wonderful things about his momma and I just love that. I can't wait for little hand picked flowers from the yard or lizards being caught (and probably lost in the house) to show me, and adventures of him and our lovely puppy dogs. It chokes me up to think about all the days that I will watch Tony play catch with him and take him fishing and watch MICHIGAN football games with. And now I'll definitely have a backup for when Tony is gone to take the trash out and mow the lawn. ;) Obviously that will be a few years, but whatever.
Everything is going very smoothly for myself and little Tucker so far, and I'd like to thank everyone for the good vibes, thoughts, and prayers sent our way. Keep them coming, because we can never have too much. :) In a week and a half I'll be flying home to Boise to have my baby shower and I just can't wait! I have missed my family and friends so much, but more importantly, I can't wait for them to see this belly! hahaha! I haven't really changed sizes since high school and I think it's mildly hilarious to see myself with a belly and I'm sure my family/friends will find it humorous as well. Tucker is constantly kicking away and I hope everyone can get some good kicks while I'm there.
Now for the fun part:
To end this short and sweet blog, I just want to say how happy I am to be experiencing everything that I am and that it truly is a miracle what is happening inside. Through all the rough days of exhaustion and headaches and backaches and whatever else, I find comfort in the fact that our lil man is thriving in his "free womb and board" as Tony likes to say. ;) And for the months to come and after he is born, there will continue to be rough days and I'm not ignorant to that fact, but I know that the love that Tony and I have for this little guy, we'll figure it all out and make it through just fine. <3
Quote for the Day:
"You'll be his first kiss,
his first love,
his first friend,
you are his momma and
he is your whole world.
He is your little boy"




Comments
Post a Comment