A Bit of Holiday Cheer
Tucker is 6 weeks old today! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying. I truly thought that I would be completely bored out of my mind during maternity leave, but I can honestly say that I'm quite enjoying myself. Granted, there are some days where I am a bit bored and feel like I need to be doing something, but then Tucker nicely reminds me "hello! I need to be fed/changed/cuddled/played with". I'm not so bored after all. :)
My last post I spoke a bit about my struggles during the first few weeks. Many people told me that the first month is the most difficult and that it usually gets a lot easier after that. Well thankfully that was true for me. Tucker is breastfeeding easily now and I am back to my normal, busy self. Thank goodness! I've also gotten down to 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy body and can now starting getting more active! I haven't broken out the Zumba yet, but I am really excited to. I've also been keeping busy making some Christmas crafts including Tucker's first stocking, his first footprint ornament, and a little Santa Baby crocheted outfit. So many adorable "1st" crafts and things for me to make! Today I buzzed around the house toting Tucker along, putting him in baskets and blankets for our Christmas picture. Since you are so graciously taking time to read my blog, I've decide to give you a sneak peak of the adorableness that I captured today. ;)
Tucker was a very good sport (for the most part) and loved to be semi-nakey for his photo shoot. :) If anyone would like the pattern for the Santa Baby outfit, I used these two links:
http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-for-Baby/Baby-Santa-Hat-Crochet-Pattern-from-Caron-Yarn
http://flowerscreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/free-diaper-cover-pattern.html
Tony says "crocheting is for Grandmas", but I am very glad that my Mom took the time to teach me how because seriously, how cute are those?!
The next few weeks will be filled with more Christmas things including one Air Force holiday party! I have never gotten to go and I am very excited to get to go this year. Although, that does mean leaving Tucker with a sitter for a few hours.....eek! I have yet to leave him with anyone but Tony and I am a bit nervous. Not because the sitter I chose is at all incompetent though, Jillane, who has been my saving grace through many times in our Florida adventure, will be giving him lots of snuggles for a few hours. :) I figure that Tony and I need a date night at some point so we can remember what it's like to be a married couple without a crying (adorable) pooping machine. What better night than a Holiday Ball right?
As the year comes to an end, I'll be getting ready to head back to work. I have to admit that I have been considering other options so I can spend more time with my baby. I go back and forth between my options. In one of my earlier posts I had made the decision with certainty to go back to work, but now that I have Tucker I have doubts. He is already growing entirely too fast and I just don't want to miss a thing!! :( But then there are other days where I think it'd be good for everyone if I went back. Tucker, like his momma and daddy, has already become very independent. He loves to snuggle and play and just hang out with mom and dad, but he also really loves to be on his own. He spends many hours "in his monkey" [a bouncy baby hammock-like thing] where he just looks around and hangs out on his own. That makes me think that maybe he'd be just fine in daycare for a bit. But the real question is would Mommy be just fine....? I'm still not sure. But I guess the only way to find out is to try. So I will try to go back and see how it goes. Tony and I are blessed that we have the flexibility to go either way. Instead of stressing these next few weeks about my decision, I'm going to do my best to prepare for the day where I have to go back, and then see how it goes. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide it's too much and I stay home. And honestly, how bad would that be? :)
I also wanted to mention that I have never enjoyed cooking nor really been very good at meal prep, but last week I made a menu of crockpot meals and actually got to eat dinner! It's amazing how during a tough time it can feel like it'll never get better, then the next thing you know, you know what your baby wants when he cries and you can have dinner at the same time!
Tucker has been smiling up a storm this last week! Every morning he wakes up a happy little baby with bright eyes and big smiles for Momma. I was so jealous of Tony for awhile because he was the only one Tucker would smile for. Be it his goofy nature or his handsome face, who knows. But now I get to enjoy the sweetest toothless grins too. Being a Mom is tough and I'm sure it always will be, but the mini accomplishments and big smiles that I get out of it are totally worth it. :)
My last post I spoke a bit about my struggles during the first few weeks. Many people told me that the first month is the most difficult and that it usually gets a lot easier after that. Well thankfully that was true for me. Tucker is breastfeeding easily now and I am back to my normal, busy self. Thank goodness! I've also gotten down to 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy body and can now starting getting more active! I haven't broken out the Zumba yet, but I am really excited to. I've also been keeping busy making some Christmas crafts including Tucker's first stocking, his first footprint ornament, and a little Santa Baby crocheted outfit. So many adorable "1st" crafts and things for me to make! Today I buzzed around the house toting Tucker along, putting him in baskets and blankets for our Christmas picture. Since you are so graciously taking time to read my blog, I've decide to give you a sneak peak of the adorableness that I captured today. ;)
Tucker was a very good sport (for the most part) and loved to be semi-nakey for his photo shoot. :) If anyone would like the pattern for the Santa Baby outfit, I used these two links:
http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-for-Baby/Baby-Santa-Hat-Crochet-Pattern-from-Caron-Yarn
http://flowerscreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/free-diaper-cover-pattern.html
Tony says "crocheting is for Grandmas", but I am very glad that my Mom took the time to teach me how because seriously, how cute are those?!
The next few weeks will be filled with more Christmas things including one Air Force holiday party! I have never gotten to go and I am very excited to get to go this year. Although, that does mean leaving Tucker with a sitter for a few hours.....eek! I have yet to leave him with anyone but Tony and I am a bit nervous. Not because the sitter I chose is at all incompetent though, Jillane, who has been my saving grace through many times in our Florida adventure, will be giving him lots of snuggles for a few hours. :) I figure that Tony and I need a date night at some point so we can remember what it's like to be a married couple without a crying (adorable) pooping machine. What better night than a Holiday Ball right?
As the year comes to an end, I'll be getting ready to head back to work. I have to admit that I have been considering other options so I can spend more time with my baby. I go back and forth between my options. In one of my earlier posts I had made the decision with certainty to go back to work, but now that I have Tucker I have doubts. He is already growing entirely too fast and I just don't want to miss a thing!! :( But then there are other days where I think it'd be good for everyone if I went back. Tucker, like his momma and daddy, has already become very independent. He loves to snuggle and play and just hang out with mom and dad, but he also really loves to be on his own. He spends many hours "in his monkey" [a bouncy baby hammock-like thing] where he just looks around and hangs out on his own. That makes me think that maybe he'd be just fine in daycare for a bit. But the real question is would Mommy be just fine....? I'm still not sure. But I guess the only way to find out is to try. So I will try to go back and see how it goes. Tony and I are blessed that we have the flexibility to go either way. Instead of stressing these next few weeks about my decision, I'm going to do my best to prepare for the day where I have to go back, and then see how it goes. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide it's too much and I stay home. And honestly, how bad would that be? :)
I also wanted to mention that I have never enjoyed cooking nor really been very good at meal prep, but last week I made a menu of crockpot meals and actually got to eat dinner! It's amazing how during a tough time it can feel like it'll never get better, then the next thing you know, you know what your baby wants when he cries and you can have dinner at the same time!
Tucker has been smiling up a storm this last week! Every morning he wakes up a happy little baby with bright eyes and big smiles for Momma. I was so jealous of Tony for awhile because he was the only one Tucker would smile for. Be it his goofy nature or his handsome face, who knows. But now I get to enjoy the sweetest toothless grins too. Being a Mom is tough and I'm sure it always will be, but the mini accomplishments and big smiles that I get out of it are totally worth it. :)


Comments
Post a Comment