A Year For The Books
As the year comes to a close, I reflect on all the wonderful events that have happened this year. At about the same time last year, I posted my top ten favorite events of 2013, I'd like to do something similar but I don't think I could narrow it down to ten favorites of 2014. Nevertheless, I find looking back over the year very satisfying.
2014 started out just as any other year with intended or unintended resolutions, new goals set, and an all around fresh start. However, there was something very different about 2014 and I felt it very early on. I even blogged about it saying that "this would be a big year" for me. Little did I know, a few weeks later Tony and I found out we were adding on to our little family. This addition would prove to be the biggest and most rewarding event to happen to me.
Pre-baby, Tony and I took a trip to Tampa to visit friends. I had no idea that would be the last trip Tony and I would take where we would enjoy nights out on the town and spending money frivolously on silly stuff. February 17th, I shared the news with Tony that were were expecting a little bundle of joy. I could hardly contain my excitement, as many of you know I had been wanting a baby for the entire previous year. The news prompted a whirlwind of baby craze! Between doctor appointments, planning for baby, and morning sickness, the first few months flew by. Also, about the same time I found out I was pregnant, I got a job that I had been applying for months. It was definitely a big year. I settled in to my new position at work and really began to love it. I had a great manager and co-workers and most days I left the office feeling satisfied despite the early pregnancy symptoms.
In May Tony and I went to Tampa again to visit friends and go to our cousin's wedding. It was that trip that I really started to feel the changes in my life. Not only was I tired most of the time, but I wasn't as interested in the same things I had been before. A shopping trip was exhausting, I had no desire to shop for anything but baby stuff, and a late night with friends was too much. I headed home with a feeling of unease. My lifestyle had already begun to change.
In June, I traveled home to Boise to see my friends and family for the week. It was the longest I had been home since we moved to Florida and I was just starting my second trimester. We found out that we were having a boy a week before the trip. I learned traveling while pregnant, even in the best trimester, is miserable. But I had a great time home and visited with my family and a few good friends. There, I realized even more that I was in a new phase of life. I was the first one to have a baby out of my friends (except for one friend) and I was a little out of place. Nevertheless, I had a lovely time and a wonderful Tiffany themed baby shower.
The summer was a hot and sunny one here in Florida. The previous summer was nothing but rain and gloom the whole summer so I didn't get to enjoy much of the beach that year, then being pregnant in the summer this year, I didn't get to enjoy the beach much yet again. I spent my days inside in the AC and planning more for baby boy to arrive. In September I had another amazing baby shower where so many lovely ladies joined for "afternoon tea". I felt incredibly loved and thankful for my Florida friends and family. As it grew closer to my due date I got bigger and more exhausted. I celebrated my 25th birthday this year and Tony and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. Then, Tucker was born October 25th, 2014. It was one of the best days of my entire life. This little boy truly changed our world.
Being mommy is absolutely amazing and entirely exhausting at the same time. I've learned so much since Tucker was born and continue to learn even more. I've changed in ways that I never expected and have had to adjust accordingly. After much debate, tears, and changing my mind a hundred times, I decided to stay at home with Tucker. This decision was perhaps the most difficult one I had to make. The pressure of deciding the future of our family laid heavy on my shoulders. I finally realized that I couldn't stand to miss the little daily changes Tucker would go through and made the leap. Although I know I will miss working I am excited for this new challenge. Now I'll really earn the title "real housewife of Danielson" ;). I know Tucker will like having Mom home as much as I like spending time with him.
This year has been a whirlwind full of anticipation for Tucker's arrival and then learning how to be a parent. I have to say that is has been my favorite year yet. I loved being pregnant and feeling tiny kicks everyday and I love the little blue-eyed baby those kicks turned into. Tony and I are stronger and more in love than ever and I'm thankful everyday he is the one by my side. My heart is full.
It seems like time passes more quickly every year that goes on. I'm not sure if it's because we forget how to live in the moment, or if it's because we fill our days to the max and don't have time to enjoy doing nothing, or a mixture of both. But this year, I challenge myself and everyone reading this to live in the moment and enjoy days without schedule. May your New Year be your best yet.
xo
Lace
2014 started out just as any other year with intended or unintended resolutions, new goals set, and an all around fresh start. However, there was something very different about 2014 and I felt it very early on. I even blogged about it saying that "this would be a big year" for me. Little did I know, a few weeks later Tony and I found out we were adding on to our little family. This addition would prove to be the biggest and most rewarding event to happen to me.
Pre-baby, Tony and I took a trip to Tampa to visit friends. I had no idea that would be the last trip Tony and I would take where we would enjoy nights out on the town and spending money frivolously on silly stuff. February 17th, I shared the news with Tony that were were expecting a little bundle of joy. I could hardly contain my excitement, as many of you know I had been wanting a baby for the entire previous year. The news prompted a whirlwind of baby craze! Between doctor appointments, planning for baby, and morning sickness, the first few months flew by. Also, about the same time I found out I was pregnant, I got a job that I had been applying for months. It was definitely a big year. I settled in to my new position at work and really began to love it. I had a great manager and co-workers and most days I left the office feeling satisfied despite the early pregnancy symptoms.
In May Tony and I went to Tampa again to visit friends and go to our cousin's wedding. It was that trip that I really started to feel the changes in my life. Not only was I tired most of the time, but I wasn't as interested in the same things I had been before. A shopping trip was exhausting, I had no desire to shop for anything but baby stuff, and a late night with friends was too much. I headed home with a feeling of unease. My lifestyle had already begun to change.
In June, I traveled home to Boise to see my friends and family for the week. It was the longest I had been home since we moved to Florida and I was just starting my second trimester. We found out that we were having a boy a week before the trip. I learned traveling while pregnant, even in the best trimester, is miserable. But I had a great time home and visited with my family and a few good friends. There, I realized even more that I was in a new phase of life. I was the first one to have a baby out of my friends (except for one friend) and I was a little out of place. Nevertheless, I had a lovely time and a wonderful Tiffany themed baby shower.
The summer was a hot and sunny one here in Florida. The previous summer was nothing but rain and gloom the whole summer so I didn't get to enjoy much of the beach that year, then being pregnant in the summer this year, I didn't get to enjoy the beach much yet again. I spent my days inside in the AC and planning more for baby boy to arrive. In September I had another amazing baby shower where so many lovely ladies joined for "afternoon tea". I felt incredibly loved and thankful for my Florida friends and family. As it grew closer to my due date I got bigger and more exhausted. I celebrated my 25th birthday this year and Tony and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. Then, Tucker was born October 25th, 2014. It was one of the best days of my entire life. This little boy truly changed our world.
Being mommy is absolutely amazing and entirely exhausting at the same time. I've learned so much since Tucker was born and continue to learn even more. I've changed in ways that I never expected and have had to adjust accordingly. After much debate, tears, and changing my mind a hundred times, I decided to stay at home with Tucker. This decision was perhaps the most difficult one I had to make. The pressure of deciding the future of our family laid heavy on my shoulders. I finally realized that I couldn't stand to miss the little daily changes Tucker would go through and made the leap. Although I know I will miss working I am excited for this new challenge. Now I'll really earn the title "real housewife of Danielson" ;). I know Tucker will like having Mom home as much as I like spending time with him.
This year has been a whirlwind full of anticipation for Tucker's arrival and then learning how to be a parent. I have to say that is has been my favorite year yet. I loved being pregnant and feeling tiny kicks everyday and I love the little blue-eyed baby those kicks turned into. Tony and I are stronger and more in love than ever and I'm thankful everyday he is the one by my side. My heart is full.
It seems like time passes more quickly every year that goes on. I'm not sure if it's because we forget how to live in the moment, or if it's because we fill our days to the max and don't have time to enjoy doing nothing, or a mixture of both. But this year, I challenge myself and everyone reading this to live in the moment and enjoy days without schedule. May your New Year be your best yet.
xo
Lace











Comments
Post a Comment