Camp Hogwarts- The Order of the Pheonix
Day 5!
The last and final day of our week long Camp Hogwarts and boy was I ready for it to be finished. I decided to keep it pretty simple for the day and most of the activities were easy to pull off.
Schedule:
Breakfast menu- French Breakfast Puffs, Yogurt Parfaits & Coffee for the mama
Activities- Dueling, Patronis Pickers, Battling Dementors, Potions, Eavesdropping
Movie- Order of the Pheonix
Dinner- Fish & Chips
Treat- Butterbeer
Although these muffins are not Harry Potter themed, nor are they even English, they were a nice treat to go with my much needed coffee for the day and the kids love them.
We began the day by practicing our spells and learning the art of dueling. I found this Unofficial Spell book, which has explanations for each spell, its uses, and the wand movements to make. I am very impressed by the detail in it! It was so fun to see how creative they got with their spells and how seriously they took the activity!
Next up was finding our Patronis. This activity was so cute. I found the Patronis Picker on Pinterest here, which I printed out and folded into a cootie catcher. They each took turns seeing what Patronis they were given (sometimes until they got the RIGHT one) and then scurried upstairs to find a stuffed animal to match it. They came up with that idea all on their own! My two little creatives.
Next, they put their skills and Patronis to the test and battled some Dementors!
I had another stroke of genius with this activity where I used a skeleton Dollar Tree Halloween decoration (which is also used as my dementors in the decor) as our Dementor, tied him onto a broomstick and swung him around from above on the staircase. The kids practiced shouting "Expecto Patronum" at him until he finally relented and withered away. This was yet again one of those activities I videoed and posted on my social media and felt silly doing at the time, but now I when I revisit, I am so happy I did.
They both chose to make two of the notable potions from the book: Love potion for Liv, and Felix Felicis for Tuck. I believe we used whatever juices were in the fridge to make these which were probably a mixture of blue Hawaiian punch, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and Sprite.
While I prepared our dinner, the kids had fun using the Extendable Ear that Tucker bought at Universal, lowered it down off the staircase and tried to listen to what each other whispered. I almost missed capturing the moment because they were being so quiet!
Dinner ended up poorly that evening. I tried my hand at making fish and chips and unfortunately the fish didn't fry well. I'm not great at frying things in general, but I had hoped this would have turned out. Oh well! We tried. The first batch at least looked alright...
I made up for it with some real Butterbeer that I found at "Hogsmeade"
The evening ended as the rest had before, with the Order of the Pheonix Movie. As you can see from the photo, they were thoroughly pooped.
And that is a wrap for Camp Hogwarts (Part One)! My highly ambitious, silly, yet memorable idea came to fruition beautifully. The kids and I will hold on to those moments together for the rest of our lives. <3



















Comments
Post a Comment