Good times and Great Friends
This week flew by. Work definitely keeps me busy and when I get off I have been doing all sorts of things to fill my time as well. One of the best things about making friends in a new place is starting fresh. You get to choose what kind of people you want to be surrounded by without feeling the obligation of "oh I work with them so I have to be friend with them" or "he/she is friends with my other friend so we're friends too". This may not be the case for everyone obviously, but for me I've found that I seem to be a little more picky when it comes to choosing who I call "friend". One of the most important people in my life these days is Miss Jillane. She is a fellow military wife but she is from Canada! I met her at a dog park when I first moved here and we've become very close. She is also a zookeeper which makes both of our lives interesting. This week she was able to be "momma" to a baby SKUNK and I got to go play with him. (Stinker glands removed, no worries) He still doesn't have a name I don't think, but I have been calling him "Pepe le Pew" haha! He's such a lover and was so much fun to snuggle with.
But other than being able to play with little zoo babies, Jillane has been my rock since I've been here. Through my craziness and my tantrums she always lends and ear. This week I was able to hang out with her THREE times! With our busy schedules it's nearly impossible to get together, but we were able to go shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond for bathroom decor, played with little Pepe and had a date night with dinner and book shopping. So thankful to have this girl in my life. :)
This week I was also able to get a much needed massage, a few naps and some crafting in. I seem to find more time to sleep during the day and less time at night when Tony is gone. I guess however I get sleep it's good. Here are a couple of my projects that I accomplished:
I found this idea on Pinterst (of course) and fell in love. It's a perfect place setting for my outdoor dining set. A placemat, napkin, silverware, and straw and wrapped up! They were also super easy to make so if anyone is interested in a "how to" let me know.
I found a bunch of corks at an antique store last week and came up with this little creation. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet but I'm sure I'll find a place for it.
Along with my crafting, naps, and relaxing I was able to work out a little bit. I was SO proud of myself on Thursday when I ran 2.2 miles around the golf course in my neighborhood. I can't remember EVER running that far without stopping at some point to walk. But as soon as I got going I found it easy to KEEP going. The girls on the other hand, weren't so excited about the distance. About 3/4 of the way home they were falling behind and I had to drag them along. lol! I got home feeling on top of the world! I'm not sure if it was a one time accomplishment or if I'll be able to do it again, I guess I'll have to find out this week. It's true what they say about "runner's high" it's gooood feeling.
Saturday, Chase was kind enough to invite myself and the girls over to "his" pool for the afternoon. The girls got a kick out of the pool! Ava loved just chillin on the steps cooling off. Daisy ran around sniffing and playing with the other dogs that were there. She even tried saving one of the little dogs that got put in the pool and didn't know how to swim very well! It was so sweet to see her being a little rescue dog. It was a lovely way to chill out after a horrendous day at work, one which I have chosen to forget about after tonight. (Let's just say it's NEVER fun getting called names by angry customers)
And to end the weekend I hosted a ladies Sunday Brunch at my house! It was so much fun to have the girls over for some girl talk and delicious food. I was even able to use my new patio dining set! I loved it so much today that I'm already planning our next get together, Miss Mallori's baby shower! Can't wait to get started on the decorations for that. :) I'm so thankful that I was able to finally connect with these ladies. It certainly helps when the boys are away to have ladies that know what you're going through and are there to relate to.
Of course I forgot to put out the yogurt parfaits, but they were too cute not to take a picture of. I'll just have a nice breakfast for the next week!
Finally I just want to brag on my lawn mowing skills. Our backyard is a massive pain in the ass. It's big and sandy and there's hickory nuts all over and sticks...and it's on a big hill. I told myself that if Tony ever went out of town again I'd hire someone to do the yardwork. But today I thought, why hire someone to do something you're fully capable of doing yourself? I remembered why promptly after I started mowing. haha! But at least it's done and it looks nice. Or..semi-nice. ;)
But other than being able to play with little zoo babies, Jillane has been my rock since I've been here. Through my craziness and my tantrums she always lends and ear. This week I was able to hang out with her THREE times! With our busy schedules it's nearly impossible to get together, but we were able to go shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond for bathroom decor, played with little Pepe and had a date night with dinner and book shopping. So thankful to have this girl in my life. :)
This week I was also able to get a much needed massage, a few naps and some crafting in. I seem to find more time to sleep during the day and less time at night when Tony is gone. I guess however I get sleep it's good. Here are a couple of my projects that I accomplished:
I found this idea on Pinterst (of course) and fell in love. It's a perfect place setting for my outdoor dining set. A placemat, napkin, silverware, and straw and wrapped up! They were also super easy to make so if anyone is interested in a "how to" let me know.
I found a bunch of corks at an antique store last week and came up with this little creation. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet but I'm sure I'll find a place for it.
Along with my crafting, naps, and relaxing I was able to work out a little bit. I was SO proud of myself on Thursday when I ran 2.2 miles around the golf course in my neighborhood. I can't remember EVER running that far without stopping at some point to walk. But as soon as I got going I found it easy to KEEP going. The girls on the other hand, weren't so excited about the distance. About 3/4 of the way home they were falling behind and I had to drag them along. lol! I got home feeling on top of the world! I'm not sure if it was a one time accomplishment or if I'll be able to do it again, I guess I'll have to find out this week. It's true what they say about "runner's high" it's gooood feeling.
Saturday, Chase was kind enough to invite myself and the girls over to "his" pool for the afternoon. The girls got a kick out of the pool! Ava loved just chillin on the steps cooling off. Daisy ran around sniffing and playing with the other dogs that were there. She even tried saving one of the little dogs that got put in the pool and didn't know how to swim very well! It was so sweet to see her being a little rescue dog. It was a lovely way to chill out after a horrendous day at work, one which I have chosen to forget about after tonight. (Let's just say it's NEVER fun getting called names by angry customers)
And to end the weekend I hosted a ladies Sunday Brunch at my house! It was so much fun to have the girls over for some girl talk and delicious food. I was even able to use my new patio dining set! I loved it so much today that I'm already planning our next get together, Miss Mallori's baby shower! Can't wait to get started on the decorations for that. :) I'm so thankful that I was able to finally connect with these ladies. It certainly helps when the boys are away to have ladies that know what you're going through and are there to relate to.
Of course I forgot to put out the yogurt parfaits, but they were too cute not to take a picture of. I'll just have a nice breakfast for the next week!
Finally I just want to brag on my lawn mowing skills. Our backyard is a massive pain in the ass. It's big and sandy and there's hickory nuts all over and sticks...and it's on a big hill. I told myself that if Tony ever went out of town again I'd hire someone to do the yardwork. But today I thought, why hire someone to do something you're fully capable of doing yourself? I remembered why promptly after I started mowing. haha! But at least it's done and it looks nice. Or..semi-nice. ;)
Quote of the Day: "Remember you don't need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain friends."
Comments
Post a Comment