Temporarily Flying Solo
No menu plan this week. Tony left on Wednesday last week and I find it hard to keep an appetite while he's gone. So I'm just going to do my best to actually eat. haha! Although I hate it when Tony leaves for ANY period of time, I try to utilize the time to get my projects done and shop for all the things that he finds, well let's just say unnecessary. So I got started by getting some new treasures for the back porch!!
We already had the colorful chairs and hammock, but I found a GREAT deal on an umbrella and some new cushions for the dining set! I also found those adorable Chinese lanterns to hang on the umbrella! Saturday night I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and some crackers and cheese spread. :) I foresee many more lovely evenings on the deck in the future!!
This weekend was a lovely weekend here in Florida, with temperatures of 96 degrees and a heat index of 110! This girl loves the heat but it was HOT today. The ocean, the bay, and the pools were as warm as bath water. But it was lovely to see the sun after a MONTH of rain. I spent some time at the beach, the pool and on my dock just soaking it in.
Being a military wife has certainly made me much more self sufficient and willing to do things on my own. Going to lunch by myself is no longer awkward and is actually pretty enjoyable! Yesterday I had lunch at my new favorite cafe, Liza's Kitchen and had the most delicious sandwich, a huge cookie, and a mimosa. Yum!
Of course there are things that I TRY to do on my own but end up needing help, and these things always seem to happen as soon as Tony leaves. ha! Something as simple as a burnt out blinker baffles me. Luckily, the nice young men at AutoZone helped me out. ;) And... I always seem to forget how much Tony does around the house and for me until he leaves. I have to do stupid things like take the trash out, pick up dog crap, vacuum! haha! Yes I KNOW I'm spoiled. Even though time apart SUCKS it does help us appreciate each other a little bit more. I am truly blessed with the man I married and couldn't be happier than I am now and that's what keeps me going through the days that I miss him the most. <3
I saw this picture on one of my Military Wife Facebook pages and had to save it/share it:
While Tony was deployed last year I found this ring and necklace set on Etsy and ordered it so I could send it to him. Well it took FOREVER and didn't get to me until he was due home a week later. But it does come in handy for instances like now where he's gone for a month. It's cheesy I know, and I'm sure his friends probably tease him for it, but I think its sweet. Friday he sent me a picture of how he has to wear it since he can't really wear jewelry in his job, and it made me tear up. :')
Along with my projects, I have been planning away for our "wives get togethers". Next week I'm hosting a Sunday brunch on my fancy back porch and can't wait to have the ladies over for some good food and much needed girl talk! For those of you who know me best, you KNOW I love to host and throw a good party. I will be spending some time on Pinterest this week getting ready for it. :)
We already had the colorful chairs and hammock, but I found a GREAT deal on an umbrella and some new cushions for the dining set! I also found those adorable Chinese lanterns to hang on the umbrella! Saturday night I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and some crackers and cheese spread. :) I foresee many more lovely evenings on the deck in the future!!
This weekend was a lovely weekend here in Florida, with temperatures of 96 degrees and a heat index of 110! This girl loves the heat but it was HOT today. The ocean, the bay, and the pools were as warm as bath water. But it was lovely to see the sun after a MONTH of rain. I spent some time at the beach, the pool and on my dock just soaking it in.
Being a military wife has certainly made me much more self sufficient and willing to do things on my own. Going to lunch by myself is no longer awkward and is actually pretty enjoyable! Yesterday I had lunch at my new favorite cafe, Liza's Kitchen and had the most delicious sandwich, a huge cookie, and a mimosa. Yum!
Of course there are things that I TRY to do on my own but end up needing help, and these things always seem to happen as soon as Tony leaves. ha! Something as simple as a burnt out blinker baffles me. Luckily, the nice young men at AutoZone helped me out. ;) And... I always seem to forget how much Tony does around the house and for me until he leaves. I have to do stupid things like take the trash out, pick up dog crap, vacuum! haha! Yes I KNOW I'm spoiled. Even though time apart SUCKS it does help us appreciate each other a little bit more. I am truly blessed with the man I married and couldn't be happier than I am now and that's what keeps me going through the days that I miss him the most. <3
I saw this picture on one of my Military Wife Facebook pages and had to save it/share it:
While Tony was deployed last year I found this ring and necklace set on Etsy and ordered it so I could send it to him. Well it took FOREVER and didn't get to me until he was due home a week later. But it does come in handy for instances like now where he's gone for a month. It's cheesy I know, and I'm sure his friends probably tease him for it, but I think its sweet. Friday he sent me a picture of how he has to wear it since he can't really wear jewelry in his job, and it made me tear up. :')
Along with my projects, I have been planning away for our "wives get togethers". Next week I'm hosting a Sunday brunch on my fancy back porch and can't wait to have the ladies over for some good food and much needed girl talk! For those of you who know me best, you KNOW I love to host and throw a good party. I will be spending some time on Pinterest this week getting ready for it. :)
Quote for the day: "She turned her can'ts into cans, and her dreams into plans."
Have a great week everyone! <3
Comments
Post a Comment