Fate, Destiny, and a change in the Wind

Today, I have an intense feeling that something BIG is going to happen in the near future.  Something, good, something new, something maybe even life changing! I'm not sure if it has to do with the excitement from an interview for a new position within my company, or if it is actually my soul in preparation.  It almost feels like the wind changed directions and I'm breathing in air that's fresh and inspiring!  I thought that it could be just an extension of "New Year's attitude", the feeling that "THIS will be my year!" But I don't know...It makes me wonder; is everything in our lives just laid out for us, like a pre-designed road trip with designated stops along the way?  Or do the events in our lives rest on the decisions that we make? I've always had the mantra that "everything happens for a reason".  Whatever DOES end up happening, was because it was supposed to.  One of the many things I've decided must have been "fated" was the meeting of my husband.  If I had never become unlikely friends with the somewhat neurotic and slightly off-balance friend I had met in an art class in college, I never would have gone with her to a welcome home party for a group of Airmen returning home from Korea, one of which happened to be Tony.  Unfortunately, after a series of rather unfavorable events, I am no longer friends with the art class girl.  Sometimes I find myself wondering why... Why did I ever become such good friends with her and why did I get hurt so badly by her??  Then, I find comfort in the fact that she was part of a series of events that needed to happen so I could meet my amazing husband.  "Fate" and the pathway of events that lead to other events make sense when you  break it down like that.  But it STILL doesn't answer the original question: are our lives a series of planned events, or do we make our own destinies from the choices that we make?  Whoever is reading this, I wonder what you think.  What has happened in your life to get you where you're at today?  Do you believe it's "fate"? God's plan? A chain reaction? I'm opening this blog up for discussion!  I am truly curious what you think!

In the meantime, whatever this energy is that I'm feeling, whether it's as little as waking up tomorrow and getting out of a deserved speeding ticket, or if I'm going to have some sort of life changing event, I plan to revel in the energy and the positivity. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer