Top Ten of 2013

For my last (unofficial) post for 2013, I decided to list my top ten favorite parts from the year.  It was a very busy year for Tony and I.  We hadn't lived in Florida very long and we were both nervous and excited to see what the New Year would bring us, just like every New Year before.  This one was different though, because not only was it our first year in Florida, but it was also the first year where it was just Tony and I.  We have had only each other to lean on for support, and even though at times we struggled, our marriage grew much stronger.  So without further ado, here are my top ten in order of favor:
10. I got a job as a Branch Service Leader at Regions Bank and love the company I work for and the management team that leads it for the lower Alabama Florid Panhandle area.
9. Tony and I went to Disney world.  I was like a 10 year old girl seeing it for the first time and trying to get pictures with as many characters as I could.  You're never too old for Disney. ;)
8. Tony and I traveled to New Orleans for a weekend vacation and discovered all the "glories" of the city.  We ate delicious cajun food, stayed in a fancy french hotel, and listened to Jazz music on Bourbon St.
7. I was able to get to know my dear mother in law; Marie Danielson, much better.  She came to visit us multiple times over the year and I feel much closer and have a great relationship with her. 
6. My mom and sister came to visit us for a few days.  We spent the time shopping, hitting the beach, taking the boat out, and vegging out on the couch. 
5. I went home to visit my family and friends in November and was able to spend some quality time with my mom, sister, and my dear friend Sondra.  Even though the trip was short, it was a rejuvenation and cured my homesickness.  I also learned on that trip that no matter how long you know one of your friends, your relationship never stops growing and you can always learn from each other. Love you Sondra! So lucky to have a lifetime friend like you! xo
4. We met up with two of our favorite couples in St. Augustine, Justin and Lora, and Bobby and Kendall. We spent the weekend having the best time ever and vowed to take more trips in the years to come.
3. I met some amazing friends to share my Florida experience. One of which I know I will never lose and will always keep close to my heart, Jillane. My favorite Canadian. :)
2.I GRADUATED college with an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts
1. Tony and I took MY dream trip to Washington DC and New York City.  I loved the history of DC and the opportunity to spend time with our cousins Stacy and Elizabeth, and Aunt Dianne and Uncle Kevin. I was absolutely dazzled by NYC and loved every second of it.  So many lifelong dreams were fulfilled in that short 1.5 days of seeing the city and I'm forever grateful to my husband for making it happen.

I had some wonderful events happen in the year 2013 and feeling eternally grateful for all the blessings I've been given.  For 2014, I didn't set any resolutions, but I do have hopes for a few things to happen: 

*I'd like to expand my career and head towards the sales side of the bank
*I'd like to go to Boise for Christmas
*I want to take another group trip with our friends, maybe to the Florida Keys
*I'd like to get our boat fixed and actually get to use it out on the ocean this summer
and finally, I hope our little family grows and is filled with as much love or more than last year. 
<3


Here's to a wonderful New Year! May your New Year be everything you hope for.

Quote for the day:
"Our lives are storybooks that we write ourselves; wonderfully illustrated by the people we meet"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer