After the storm, a rainbow comes shining through.
This week has been INFINITELY better than the last couple weeks for me. It's the littlest things that make your entire day and even your week. I was able to take the girls for a jog Monday, Tuesday I went to my Zumba class and it sounds silly but I was so excited someone remembered my name. I've been going to class for about 5 weeks now and no one ever really made the effort to talk to me but FINALLY, after missing a week, someone noticed I had been gone and asked how I was. Yaay!
It's been hard to connect with people from the base because we live a little ways a way. It's not too far, but it's just out of the way enough that we don't ever go out there. But thankfully Facebook helped me make a couple connections this week! A few lovely wifeys and I are going to start rotating hosting dinners at each others' houses! We did this back home and it was such a lifesaver when our guys were deployed. I'm really excited to get this started with the girls here. :)
Every month I have a meeting with fellow people in my position at work to go over new updates, changes and talk about how to make things better. These meeting are ALWAYS my favorite day of the month. The meeting lasts all day long, but the people that go are so fun and amazing. This month, we had a "teambuilder" day and had a pool party! The sun even peaked out for a couple hours! It was great to be able to relax and have a good time.
Saturday we had our FIRST BBQ at our house!! We invited everyone we know here and I was very happy with the turn out. Of course the sun decided to hide from us, but at least it didn't rain at all. And unfortunately our boat decided to crap out on us as well. :( Despite the clouds and the stubborn boat, we all had a good time. It was nice to eat good food and get to know everyone. Can't wait to have another one!
Today, Tony and I ventured to St. Andrews state park. This park, (for my friends back home) is where a lot of people go to camp, boat, kayak, hike and fish. It's basically a big recreational area. We took our kayaks and paddled around for a few hours. I collected a bunch of little shells while Tony explored the area. On our way back in I saw a sea turtle pop his little head up out of the water! Tony didn't see it so of course "it wasn't there" haha. Then while we stopped to take a small break, we spotted a dolphin fishing in the area. We kept an out out for him and the next thing we know, he pops up RIGHT between our kayaks!! We literally could have reached out and touched him! He scared the crap out of us at first but it was just SO cool. I don't think I'll ever stop loving seeing the dolphins out in the wild.
After a good long week, I'm finally ready to just relax. Next week Tony leaves for Salt Lake City for a MONTH. :( Not looking forward to that. BUT I've got lots of project ideas to keep myself busy and I have a few date nights with my girlfriends planned. If there's anything I've learned about getting through Tony's absence, it's to keep busy! So that's exactly what I'll do. Then he'll be home and we'll be off to St. Augustine for Labor Day and then it's FOOTBALL SEASON! woo!
Lastly I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who reads my blog. I know this is mostly for me to vent and say all the pointless things I have to say, but it's really nice to know that some of you like reading it. :)
Oh! And here is Menu Plan numero 5!
It's been hard to connect with people from the base because we live a little ways a way. It's not too far, but it's just out of the way enough that we don't ever go out there. But thankfully Facebook helped me make a couple connections this week! A few lovely wifeys and I are going to start rotating hosting dinners at each others' houses! We did this back home and it was such a lifesaver when our guys were deployed. I'm really excited to get this started with the girls here. :)
Every month I have a meeting with fellow people in my position at work to go over new updates, changes and talk about how to make things better. These meeting are ALWAYS my favorite day of the month. The meeting lasts all day long, but the people that go are so fun and amazing. This month, we had a "teambuilder" day and had a pool party! The sun even peaked out for a couple hours! It was great to be able to relax and have a good time.
Saturday we had our FIRST BBQ at our house!! We invited everyone we know here and I was very happy with the turn out. Of course the sun decided to hide from us, but at least it didn't rain at all. And unfortunately our boat decided to crap out on us as well. :( Despite the clouds and the stubborn boat, we all had a good time. It was nice to eat good food and get to know everyone. Can't wait to have another one!
Today, Tony and I ventured to St. Andrews state park. This park, (for my friends back home) is where a lot of people go to camp, boat, kayak, hike and fish. It's basically a big recreational area. We took our kayaks and paddled around for a few hours. I collected a bunch of little shells while Tony explored the area. On our way back in I saw a sea turtle pop his little head up out of the water! Tony didn't see it so of course "it wasn't there" haha. Then while we stopped to take a small break, we spotted a dolphin fishing in the area. We kept an out out for him and the next thing we know, he pops up RIGHT between our kayaks!! We literally could have reached out and touched him! He scared the crap out of us at first but it was just SO cool. I don't think I'll ever stop loving seeing the dolphins out in the wild.
After a good long week, I'm finally ready to just relax. Next week Tony leaves for Salt Lake City for a MONTH. :( Not looking forward to that. BUT I've got lots of project ideas to keep myself busy and I have a few date nights with my girlfriends planned. If there's anything I've learned about getting through Tony's absence, it's to keep busy! So that's exactly what I'll do. Then he'll be home and we'll be off to St. Augustine for Labor Day and then it's FOOTBALL SEASON! woo!
Lastly I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who reads my blog. I know this is mostly for me to vent and say all the pointless things I have to say, but it's really nice to know that some of you like reading it. :)
Oh! And here is Menu Plan numero 5!
Menu Plan
Sunday: Left overs
Monday: mac n cheese
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-macaroni-and-cheese/
Side: baked parmesan asparagus
Tuesday: zucchini
marinara subs
http://realmomkitchen.com/2847/zucchini-marinara-subs/
Wednesday: turkey Spaghetti
Thursday: Pizza
cupcakes
http://www.plainchicken.com/2013/04/deep-dish-pizza-cupcakes.html
Friday: coconut popcorn
shrimp
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-coconut-shrimp/
Side: baked parmesan tomatoes
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/baked_parmesan_tomatoes.html
Saturday: Go out!
Comments
Post a Comment