Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

This week I FINALLY found some motivation to get my Menu Plan together.  Some of these recipes may not be "Clean" not they're aren't terribly unhealthy either.  I found some yummy recipes on this awesome website: http://realmomkitchen.com/ She has many delicious recipes that I found really easy to make.

Menu Plan
Sunday: Cheesesteak subs
http://realmomkitchen.com/3185/quick-and-easy-cheesesteak-subs/
Monday: Slow cooker pineapple chicken
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-crock-pot-pineapple-chicken/
Tuesday: zucchini marinara subs
http://realmomkitchen.com/2847/zucchini-marinara-subs/
Wednesday: Spaghetti carbonara
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2356642-Spaghetti-Carbonara
Thursday: Malibu Chicken
Mom’s recipe
Friday: mac n cheese
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-macaroni-and-cheese/
Saturday: Go out!

Now that I have my menu, hopefully I'll actually MAKE the food.  Tony is working late all this week and then is off to Utah for a month.  I tend to lose my appetite when he's not around so menu planning becomes a little difficult.  But at least I have the OPTION of making those meals and won't go out to eat because "there's nothing in the house to eat".  

Last week I was battling Vertigo all week and it took a toll on me.  If anyone has had vertigo before I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that it's absolutely miserable.  I couldn't work out, eat or do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV. :(  I'm glad to report that I'm feeling much better this week and will be getting back into my Zumba classes and hopefully my good eating routine. :)

After a long and much needed conversation with my Bestie this weekend, I've gotten inspired to find a new amazing hobby.  I need something that requires a little adventure, a little sun, and is something I can do in my spare time by myself.  Many days after work or on my days off I find myself stuck to the couch watching movie after movie because I'm not sure what else to do with myself.  Now I just need to find that hobby...OF COURSE if I had Weddings to plan that would be AMAZING but I got started in the middle of Wedding Season which means that most of the weddings are already planned.  But I'm running a special for $100 off any wedding or event planning service until August 31st.  Maybe that will drum up some business and help fill up my spare time with something that I enjoy. 

For anyone that KNOWS me I doubt that if asked to describe me in one word that it would be "MEAN" (or at least I hope not!) But lately I've been battling the people I'm surrounded by about that particular adjective being used to describe me.  (specifically the women I work with) I'm singled out because I'm "from the North" for being to brash.  Is it fair for me to say that Southern people are a bunch of babies? I hear different variations of "You're mean"  every week and I wonder; do different areas of the country really differ THAT much in culture that phrasing and tone are miscommunicated?  Or is it just me?   Whatever the reason, I'm trying to figure out how to be "nicer" without changing who I am.  Yes, I am quite straightforward and don't usually hesitate to tell you what I think, but I'm also very well brought up and have good manners and try to be as polite as I can.  I've always found that most people like those qualities in me and tend to understand motive behind them.  Unfortunately those particular qualities aren't so encouraged here.  People around me just say "bless your heart" and talk crap about me behind my back.  Lovely right?  I've been encouraged to change my ways and maybe not say things the way I do or confront people when I have an issue, and to that I have to say; SCREW THAT.  I refuse to change who I am because the people I am around seem to need a band-aid for every negative thing that happens in life.  Lately I've been getting SO down on myself because I just can't change into what they want me to be and I've finally come to realize that I most certainly do not have to.  As long as I'm being fair and polite and whatever I'm saying is necessary, I should not have to worry about what I have to say or how I say it.  And if no one likes it, well I'm sorry but "you could be the juiciest, ripest peach in the world and there's still going to be someone that doesn't like peaches". 

My quote for the day:

 "Be Yourself. If you water yourself down to please other people or to fit in or to not OFFEND anyone, you lose the power, the passion, the freedom, and the JOY of being uniquely you. It's much easier to love yourself when you are being yourself." -Dan Coppersmith






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Mask Sewing Tutorial

One Year Later...

A Bit of Holiday Cheer