Lacking in Motivation
So this week a was kind of a slacker on making my dinners. Tony went out of town and I always seem to lose my appetite when he leaves. I did manage to make a couple meals and ended up eating the left overs a couple of times. Tonight I cheated a little bit and ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. I got through one piece and felt sick. :( It's AMAZING to me how eating a better diet makes you feel so good and then one bad meal can make you feel so sick. I mean, it's a good that I feel gross after eating bad food because then it deters me from eating any more of it.
Here are the couple of meals I was able to make and capture:
The "Shrimp Fajitas" turned into more like Shrimp taco/burritos/wraps. Whatever they were, they were still delicious. The Lasagna Pasta roll ups were AMAZING. I definitely recommend this recipe. They were super eat and great as leftovers. I also made the Caprese Chicken, but that did not turn out as good as I had hoped for and didn't end up eating it all.
Like I said last week, going Gluten free was more difficult than I imagined it would be. I've come to the realization that it may not be the best time to try to implement this particular lifestyle change into my world. I've just begun to learn about nutrition and supplementing, I want to be able to be consistent with my eating "Clean" before I get to Gluten Free status. Something else I seem to struggle with in my diet is eating meat. I'm definitely not vegetarian, but I only eat meat in small quantities. I also don't eat red meat hardly ever. This is the reason why I take daily vitamins in order to keep my iron and vitamin levels up.
This week I received my new business cards in the mail for my Wedding Planning biz! I'm very excited about them, mostly because they're so cute and I designed them myself. This week I think I'm going to go to different places around town and drop off a few. Hopefully there are a couple brides in the area that are in need of a planner!!
I'm slacking on Menu Plan 3 as well. Mostly because I just don't feel like doing it. Hopefully I'll find some motivation tomorrow.
Someone told me when I first moved to Panama City to "bloom where you are planted". I really liked this phrase and tried to take it to heart. Within a month of being here I found myself a job, got acquainted with the area and even made a great new friend at the dog park! I felt like I was blooming pretty well. However, I never expected it to still be difficult to adapt 8 months after being here. I guess 8 months isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things compared to living somewhere your entire life. Recently I joined a gym and started attending Zumba classes 1-2 times a week. I've been trying to make more friends, especially outside of work but I'm finding it difficult. I'm not sure why it's been hard for me, I've always considered myself an friendly and easy going person, but I can't seem make any connections with anyone. Maybe it's because I'm in sort of an "inbetween" part of my life where I'm over the "going out" phase and I don't have children. Or maybe it's just the culture change that I'm having a hard time dealing with. Whatever it may be, I am in desperate need of some friends. I need a support system that I can rely on while Tony is gone for whatever reason. As a military wife, I've found the greatest asset a girl can have when her man is gone is a group of people that love and support you, and who have your back when you need it. If there are any fellow military wives reading this and have previously gone through a relocation, PLEASE feel free to share your thoughts and advice. Or if there is anyone who is in the same awkward phase in their life and has some tidbits of advice please share! But other than begging for advice, I guess I'll just keep trucking along. While watching Sex and the City tonight, Miss Carrie Bradshaw shared a piece of advice with me that I thought was very fitting: "Maybe the best we can do is not quit, play the hand we're given and accessorize the outfit we've got." <3
Here are the couple of meals I was able to make and capture:
The "Shrimp Fajitas" turned into more like Shrimp taco/burritos/wraps. Whatever they were, they were still delicious. The Lasagna Pasta roll ups were AMAZING. I definitely recommend this recipe. They were super eat and great as leftovers. I also made the Caprese Chicken, but that did not turn out as good as I had hoped for and didn't end up eating it all.
Like I said last week, going Gluten free was more difficult than I imagined it would be. I've come to the realization that it may not be the best time to try to implement this particular lifestyle change into my world. I've just begun to learn about nutrition and supplementing, I want to be able to be consistent with my eating "Clean" before I get to Gluten Free status. Something else I seem to struggle with in my diet is eating meat. I'm definitely not vegetarian, but I only eat meat in small quantities. I also don't eat red meat hardly ever. This is the reason why I take daily vitamins in order to keep my iron and vitamin levels up.
This week I received my new business cards in the mail for my Wedding Planning biz! I'm very excited about them, mostly because they're so cute and I designed them myself. This week I think I'm going to go to different places around town and drop off a few. Hopefully there are a couple brides in the area that are in need of a planner!!
I'm slacking on Menu Plan 3 as well. Mostly because I just don't feel like doing it. Hopefully I'll find some motivation tomorrow.
Someone told me when I first moved to Panama City to "bloom where you are planted". I really liked this phrase and tried to take it to heart. Within a month of being here I found myself a job, got acquainted with the area and even made a great new friend at the dog park! I felt like I was blooming pretty well. However, I never expected it to still be difficult to adapt 8 months after being here. I guess 8 months isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things compared to living somewhere your entire life. Recently I joined a gym and started attending Zumba classes 1-2 times a week. I've been trying to make more friends, especially outside of work but I'm finding it difficult. I'm not sure why it's been hard for me, I've always considered myself an friendly and easy going person, but I can't seem make any connections with anyone. Maybe it's because I'm in sort of an "inbetween" part of my life where I'm over the "going out" phase and I don't have children. Or maybe it's just the culture change that I'm having a hard time dealing with. Whatever it may be, I am in desperate need of some friends. I need a support system that I can rely on while Tony is gone for whatever reason. As a military wife, I've found the greatest asset a girl can have when her man is gone is a group of people that love and support you, and who have your back when you need it. If there are any fellow military wives reading this and have previously gone through a relocation, PLEASE feel free to share your thoughts and advice. Or if there is anyone who is in the same awkward phase in their life and has some tidbits of advice please share! But other than begging for advice, I guess I'll just keep trucking along. While watching Sex and the City tonight, Miss Carrie Bradshaw shared a piece of advice with me that I thought was very fitting: "Maybe the best we can do is not quit, play the hand we're given and accessorize the outfit we've got." <3
Well, Carrie is brilliant. But, don't lose hope. Sometimes it takes awhile to make connections within the military community because people are used to people relocating (I guess) It took me a long time to make connections, and I had people really reaching out to include me. After awhile, I realized it was me! That's probably not your case though. Anyway, my best advice is to get connected to Tony's work buddies' wives/girlfriends. Have a couple parties, (I know you'd be a great hostess) and you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll make friends. And, you could always connect with people at a church down there.
ReplyDeleteThere's a great one called 'First Baptist' and I'm sure people would welcome you all there. I'm wishing the best for you and hoping you love it there (for now).