Menu Plan: Week One!
Here is my very first menu plan and grocery list. Keep in mind I'm not going Gluten Free cold turkey, but here is what I came up with. In Panama City, we are limited in our places to buy groceries. I usually go to Walmart because they have just about everything and they don't break the bank. Their produce isn't my favorite and the meat selection isn't great either, but I'm working with what I've got. I got everything on my list for about $100. Currently we are on Day 2 of the menu plan, and it's going well! I will post pictures of my recipes and let everyone know how they tasted at the end of the week.
Tony's parents are here to visit for the Fourth of July and get to be part of my experimentation process! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing (for them haha!) but I anticipate a couple evenings out with not so Clean or GF food...But like the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day"!
Menu Plan
Sunday: Tomato and
Artichoke Chicken
http://www.fannetasticfood.com/2013/04/23/5-minute-dinner-saucy-tomato-artichoke-chicken/
Monday: Chicken
Apple Salad
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-chicken-apple-salad-recipe/
Tuesday: Lemon
Chicken
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-chicken-breasts-recipe/index.html
Side: Baked Zuchini
Wednesday: Grilled
Pesto Shrimp Skewers
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/grilled-pesto-shrimp-skewers.html
Thursday: Buffalo
Ranch Turkey Burgers
http://farrcleanerlife.blogspot.jp/2013/05/clean-eating-buffalo-ranch-turkey.html
Side: Potato salad,
watermelon, baked beans
Friday: Turkey Chili
http://old.dashingdish.com/2011/01/wendys-turkey-chili/
Saturday: Go out!
Grocery List
Produce:
Spinach
Avocados
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Lettuce
Diced organic tomatoes (2) 280z
Crushed tomatoes 28oz
Artichoke hearts
Lemon
Basil
Salsa
Onion
Pinto beans 15.5oz
Kidney beans 15.5 oz
corn
Green pepper
Apple
Watermelon
Zucchini/squash
Baked beans
Banana peppers
Meat:
Chicken
3lbs Ground turkey
Eggs
Frozen raw shrimp
Dairy:
Block of sharp cheddar cheese
Parmesan
Yogurt
Misc:
Dijon mustard
Guacamole mix
thanks for sharing!! Best of luck!
ReplyDelete